Sunday, April 01, 2012

10 Things you Probably Didn’t know about Windows 8

Introduction

I have been playing with the Windows 8 Consumer Preview since the day it was released. It is my primary operating system at nights and weekends. Since I have been investing a lot of time in Windows 8, I thought I’d share 10 things that I certainly didn’t know about Windows 8 at first. This list should be helpful for someone new to Windows 8, but a power-user may learn a thing or two as well.

In case you don’t have them, download the bits here.

Windows 8 Consumer Preview Download
VS11 Beta Download
Let’s get started:

1) On some Tiles that take up 2 spaces, you can select the tile and either make it smaller or turn the live tile off. This functionality has to be turned on by the developer.

Inline image 1

2) In semantic zoom mode, you have the option to select a group then name it.

Inline image 2

Read more: Michael Crump
QR: Inline image 3

Posted via email from Jasper-Net