The title seems a bit unreal, but it is totally true and legit. Please read on.
Last year, I attended the International Startup Festival in Montreal. I met the Canadian Microsoft team who promote the Microsoft program BizSpark. You can get a quick summary of BizSpark at Woot Studio.
As a Windows Phone or Windows 8 developer you will be interested in:
- 1-year of a Windows Phone Store developer account.
- 1-year of a Windows Store developer account.
- MSDN Ultimate which includes Visual Studio Ultimate, Windows 8, and Office.
- $150 per month of Windows Azure.
Before I met the Microsoft evangelists, I thought that BizSpark was only for registered/incorporated businesses. I was wrong.
The requirements to be eligible for BizSpark are:
- You are making less than one million in revenue per year. If this is not the case, you don't need BizSpark!
- Your startup or business has less than 10 employees.
- Your business should be less than 5 years old.
The last requirement is that you need to develop software. Be careful; you need to develop your own software. In other words, you need to sell a product. A company that develops software for clients is not eligible for BizSpark.
Read more: .NET App