Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mix11: Good news for Israeli WP7 developers

I didn’t get a chance to post this earlier, because I was waiting for someone to send me the picture of the slide proving my news. Since he didn’t send it as of today, I decided to take a screenshot from the session video. This is good news to Israeli Windows Phone developers out there, coming to you (almost) live from Mix11. In fact, I was about to miss this session, but I’m happy that I didn’t. 
It seems like in the next Mango update Israeli developers will be able to join the AppHub directly, without the need to use a partner publishers such as YallaApps. I doubled checked this with the speaker as well as other Microsoft people who participated in this session. The time frame for this change should be around July 2011.