Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Connecting to Remote MySQL (Linux Server) using Visual C#

97__287x226_mysqlRemote1.jpg

I have a current project that connects to a remote database server using Visual C# as client window application. So before I started my project, I tested it if it is possible to connect and the result, it does connect. For those does who failed to solve this problem, here's my tutorial/guide.

Test Project Requirements:

   * VMware Workstation 5.5
   * CentOS 4.4
   * Visual C# Express Edition
   * MySQL Data Connector .Net v1.0.7

Scenario:

The client's OS is MS Windows XP and the server is CentOS Linux. The client will connect to the Linux server to query and process some transaction. But in the sample code, it demonstrate only how to connect remotely in the server. My server's IP address is 192.168.10.117 and a MySQL port of 3306 (default port).

Read more: C# Corner

Posted via email from jasper22's posterous