Monday, June 14, 2010

InstallShield in the wrong language

I've been putting up with automatic installers installing programs in Japanese, Korean, etc when I really didn't want it to for a few years now. It really seems like it happens every time I install a program which has an InstallShield installer.

I like to imagine the world ten or fifteen years ago in some early version of InstallShield was something like this.

[Jim, the manager] Hey Dave (the Dev), I keep getting these hard to read emails from foreign addresses complaining about setup installing in English. Even on their foreign oprating system installs. Why do you think this could be happening?
...


For example, I really wanted it to install in US English so I used 'setup.exe /L1033' (look up your own locale ID here)
You can pass the parameter by either creating a shortcut to the setup.exe, and modifying the shortcut's command line, or running setup.exe from a command prompt.

Read more:  The Activity Designer

Posted via email from .NET Info