The major additions and changes to the platform include:
- Added support for dart:typed_data
- Improved type inferrer by using union types and keeping track of side effects
- Implemented sharing of code mixed into multiple classes
- More coverage for handling of generic type
- Performance improvements
- 20% faster on Richards, 10% faster on DeltaBlue, 8% faster on Tracer
- Significant progress on mirrors support (work in progress)
- Dart VM
- DeltaBlue: 40% faster than M4
- Tracer: 33% faster than M4
- Full SIMD acceleration
- Reduced initial snapshot size
- improves startup time for new isolates
- Improved stability of debugging experience
- A new 20% faster Analyzer in Editor and SDK.
- Remove old analyzer.
- More quick fixes and refactorings in Editor.
- Code Folding has returned with the new ability to collapse classes and local functions.
- Mark Occurrences is back.
- New Pub Deploy command.
- Many Code Completion enhancements
- Proposal filtering now accepts camelCase input (e.g., type 'i' then 'E' to filter out everything except isEmpty).
- Unused optional parameters are deleted automatically after template editing is done.
- Requesting completion in an empty argument list will include an option to insert the argument template.
- The seed is now case-insensitive (e.g., map.isemp+Ctrl-Space -> map.isEmpty).
- Greatly improved WebGL performance in Dartium because of move to dart:typed_data library for typed arrays.
Read more: Dart News & Updates