If you're a .Net developer that has decided or is toying with the idea to start programming for the iphone/ipad then read on!
For the past few months I've been blogging about about various topics related to iOS. Including creating some tutorials for C# developers. Now i've finally gotten around to compiling them all into one post so that you can easily follow along or pick and choose what you want to learn as you need to learn it.
C# - Objective-C
- Strings - Learn how to create/manipulate strings
- Arrays - Learn about the different array types and how to add/insert/delete etc...
- Classes, Properties, Methods - Learn the basics on creating custom objects
- Interfaces - Learn about the equivalent of a C# interface and its differences
- Enums - Learn the syntax of creating enums in objective-c
- Reflection - Love it or hate it, reflection is always a useful tool
- Namespaces - There is no such thing as namespaces in obj-c, so learn how to workaround it.
- Memory Management - .Net has spoiled us. But obj-c is getting better with this, learn how!
- DataSources - Find out how to bind data!! Its different, but still powerful.
- Events - In objective-c there are a few different ways to listen to changes in the UI.
- Boxing/Unboxing - Learn how to box/unbox a value type
Read more: Infragistic