Xamarin has had a great year. Here are just a few highlights from the last 12 months:
- Over 200,000 developers have joined our community, for a total of over 350,000. And the growth rate is increasing: now, more than 30,000 people are joining Xamarin every month.
- Our revenue grew more than 285% year-to-year, and we now have nearly 20,000 paid accounts in more than 70 countries.
- Launched our Partner Program in November, and now have more than 60 companies participating as Authorized and Premier Partners.
- Sold out our first worldwide developer conference, Xamarin Evolve 2013, with more than 650 mobile developers and industry leaders.
- Launched Xamarin 2.0, which enabled native iOS development from Visual Studio for the first time in world history, and introduced Xamarin Studio.
- Launched the Xamarin Component Store, a catalog of stunning UI controls, charts and graphs, beautiful themes, cloud services, and other powerful features that you can add to your app in minutes.
- Announced Xamarin Test Cloud, which allows developers to test their apps on hundreds of real devices instantaneously.
- Launched the Xamarin .NET mobility scanner that scans your existing .NET code and tells you how much of it can run on mobile platforms.
Today, we are excited to announce that we've closed a $16M round of financing. This is the second round of financing we have raised, since our first investment one year ago. The round was led by Lead Edge Capital, with significant participation from our existing investors—Charles River, Floodgate and Ignition. This new investment is a strong endorsement of Xamarin and our mission to enable every developer on the planet to create amazing mobile experiences.
Read more: Xamarin blog