Table of contents
- Feature 1: async and await (code markers)
- Feature 2: Zip facility (Zip compression)
- Feature 3: Regex timeout (TimeOut)
- Feature 4: Profile optimization (Improved startup performance)
- Feature 5: Garbage collector (GC background cleanup)
- Three more features worth exploring
It has been almost a year since .NET 4.5 got released. But the problems with most of the recent Microsoft releases have been communication with .NET developers. Only one or two features are known to developers and other features just stay on MSDN and end up becoming simple documents.
For example, the time you ask a .NET developer what is new in the core framework .NET 4.5 most of them will just say async and awaitt (at least with people whom I have interacted have just talked about those features).
Again it's very difficult to run through all the new features. Because the features may not sound interesting depending on what you are working currently on..
So in this article I have picked my five favorite features introduced in .NET 4.5 core. Again it's possible my favorites cannot be your favorites. But what I have done is while choosing these features I kept in mind the larger .NET community and I hope I have met that expectation.
Read more: Codeproject