Wednesday, October 05, 2011

If I have .Net 4 installed do I need the previous versions? [Yes]

"Question:

I recently installed the .NET Framework 4 on my system. Afterwards, I looked in Add/Remove Programs, and it shows that I have all of the following versions of the .NET Framework installed on my system:

    Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
    Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2
    Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SP2
    Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended

Do I need any of these older versions of the .NET Framework now that I’ve installed the .NET Framework 4, or can I safely uninstall them?

Answer:

In general, my recommendation is to leave the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2, 3.5 SP1 and 4 installed on your computer.

Read more: Greg's Cool [Insert Clever Name] of the Day
QR: if-i-have-net-4-installed-do-i-need.html

Posted via email from Jasper-Net