Sunday, January 16, 2011

Crysis 2 Preview

Wheeee! The bit of Crysis 2’s collapsed New York that I’m playing in has a makeshift slide – about 20 feet of wet, sloping concrete. If I sprint at it and duck, I launch my nanosuited mega-soldier into a high-speed bumslide. Hence the wheee.

There’s an alien at the bottom, and he’s blocking my path. The bastard, no one gets in the way of my bumslide. I’m going to kick him. I tap left mouse as I near the alien’s lower body and boot his legs out from under him. Propelled by my strength-augmented shoes, he flies backwards, crumpling into a pile next to a wrecked bus. I should really go and make sure he’s dead, but instead I run back around to the top of the slide. I combo’d a bumslide. Wheee!

It’s about this point that I realise I’m actually saying “wheee!” out loud and three or four of Crytek Frankfurt’s staff are milling around behind my PC, whispering to each other. One comes over. “Hey, so, that door over there is where you need to go.” I look at him with the pleading eyes of a man enjoying a bumslide, and he smiles wanly back at me. I go back to the top of the ramp one last time and “wheee!” under my breath.

heavy-590x331.png

Read more: PC Gamer