Sunday, December 19, 2010

Chrome CR-48 Basic Guide

I got one.. That is the most amazing thing!! The new CR-48 from Google is a nice compromise between a netbook and a full size laptop. For instance I'm typing this laying down on the sofa something I would not comfortably do with one of my laptops.

While I don't really mean it to be.. I can't help but make this a bit of I got one and you did not post,, sorry just can't help it..

Damm this browser based blog editor just erased a bunch of text when all I was trying to do was correct some spelling and it seems to lack an undo function. The answer for this seems to be to manually save a bit more frequently.. (I'm using the Scribefire Chrome app to compose this post)
What I was saying, before I lost it, was that it is hard even for me to completely leave behind all client based apps except for those available in the Chrome ecco system. Now I have been largely committing my life to Google and the cloud.. I use G-mail and Google apps extensively, I was one of the 1st to get an Android phone (the original G-1) which is still in use although admittedly on its last legs... I plan to get the new Nexus S on the 1st day available (12/16/2010) this week but due to the way Best Buy is handling it I must order on line (to get the T-mobile upgrade price) which is a bit of a problem.
One thing I'm discovering is that this CR-48 little machine is faster than my Windows Vista 64 bit 4gig ram dual core laptop for simple web browsing.. I have the two next to each other and it is quite evident. My wife also observes that the screen seems way sharper and more readable than the Windows machine...

I tried to use the Chrome TV app but all those stations require Windows media player.. so no go for the time being..

Pandora works fine.

Read more: Oswco: The Open SoftWare Company